Sunday, January 13, 2013

First Shopping Trip

I just got back from my first shopping trip, and boy was it a challenge!! As someone who is fairly new to this whole cooking thing, not to mention a lot of the ingredients in the book are not just everyday ingredients, this trip was a bit difficult. One of the main meals I was hoping to prepare this week called for lamb, which my local grocery store does NOT carry. I've asked around, and several people have said butcher shops and meat markets...so I guess my search will commence when I can make it to these places. However, in the meantime, here is the beginning to my Celtic-inspired pantry:


Never in my life have I seen 20 lbs of potatoes, nor purchased parsnips or shallots (I didn't even know these existed??) I couldn't be more excited to start cooking this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment